Keeping your gardens looking great all summer long requires a few easy maintenance tips.
- Water early in the morning
- Water the soil and rootzone not the leaves and flowers (cuts down on diseases)
- Take about 10 minutes every few days to weed. It doesn’t seem like much but it pays off big without having to spend hours and hours once a month keeping up
- Slow release fertilizers to keep plants looking great
- Deadhead as needed
- Cut back perennials in need of haircuts to encourage flowering
Keep hydrated and wear a hat. It will save you in the long run. Keep the sun off your skin and you won’t be so hot.
Be well and happy in your garden,